Friday, June 1, 2012

18 weeks preggers: where's my baby bump?

Well, of course it's been two years since I've posted on this blog. I am inconsistent as ever, as always.

Today I went for about a 15 minute walk. I had a pounding headache and found just being outside moving helped ease the pain along with water, but as soon I came back in the house it all came back. I'm hoping this is because of the pregnancy, I usually don't suffer from headache pain. And what a pain it is! Looking forward to my doctor's appointment next week to figure things out.

I have been so lethargic lately, and I sleep way too much. What else is new? I haven't been employed for four months (minus a couple weeks) and I have no motivation to do anything it seems except cook and eat. Though I've been making pretty healthy choices which is good. I just need to make exercise a top priority, especially because I'm already overweight and expecting.

I'm not sure at all, but before I moved I weighed about 215-220 lbs. Horrible, I know. I'm only 5'4" and the weight does not sit well with me, why would it? This is the heaviest I've ever been. I've pretty much given up trying, but now I realize I need to make my health a top priority if I'm going to be a mom in a few short months. I had to get out of the house today. It really did feel good to just get moving. Though I found myself really short of breath when I got back, which is really sad after only 15 minutes of not even brisk walking. It just shows me how far I've "let myself go" and what needs to change. There's nothing like impending motherhood to get me moving, let's hope! Of course it's all up to me, mind over matter!

I'm glad I have nothing in my way (except the pregnancy) to get in shape. I used to be on anti-depressants which I think contributed to gaining so much weight so fast last spring/summer. I'm already almost 19 weeks pregnant and I have yet to really see a baby bump (though I already have the stretch marks to go with it). I'm hoping in a couple weeks I'll have a more rounded tummy, I can't wait to really look pregnant, I'm not afraid to gain weight,I don't expect to gain too much. Hopefully at the doctor next week I'll figure out exactly where I'm at.

I've given up the vegeterian diet, which to me is kind of a failure, as I really do believe in it. Since living with a very carniverous boyfriend, I find my opinions and beliefs get left at the wayside, which is kind of my fault, I shouldn't be so easily influenced, but I have to admit during the summer I find it really hard to avoid BBQ. Maybe after the baby's born I will resume a healthier non-meat diet again, I think for now it's important to stay as healthy as I can and keep my energy up.

For a while I was keeping a food journal, but honestly I find that too time-consuming and annoying to keep track. And what does it really matter? As long as I know I'm eating healthy and not over-consuming large amounts of bad foods, I think I'll be okay. I have to watch my sugar. I'm so afraid of getting diabetes, even gestational at this point. All of my dad's health problems are a true horror story of what bad health habits can do to a person. I'd rather live long and prosperous without those things dragging me down.

Since it's finally turning into summer, I'm glad that I have the opportunity to be more active outside, since I don't do anything indoors. I'm hoping I'll get the clear to ride a bike during the pregnancy, I don't see why it would be a problem? It's one of my favourite activities. Here's hoping the summer is full of fun and sun, an active lifestyle and relaxation in preparation for the rest of my life as a mommy.



4 comments:

  1. good luck renee! im excited to hear more about your journey to becoming a mum!
    -anneliese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as a father to be it sure seemed like it took forever to see a baby bump really appear but its like one day you look and go where the heck did that tummy come from??? Lol and then I swear once it came every day it was like that thing keeps growing, it really is an amazing thing!
    -RobLake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it sure does seem to come out of nowhere! Good luck with your little one when it gets here Rob!

    ReplyDelete