Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I wanna dance, and love, and dance again!

I miss dancing! I mean it, I really do! I can't even go out to a club to dance right now. Well, I guess technically I could, but I don't really have girlfriends to go with me, plus I'm pregnant so it would be weird, not that I'm majorly showing yet but I think I'd feel out of place.

I'm watching America's Best Dance Crew do routines to J.Lo songs and I can't help but remember back to when I was part of a dance team. The AMHS dance team was so fun! I danced for a bit during university but quickly gave it up as it turned into more of a cheerleading thing which I didn't really feel comfortable with. Maybe after I have this baby and get into shape I'll find a dance class somewhere to get that awesome feeling back. It would be something to think about anyway.

I hope my child will find something to be passionate about. Seeing him/her in dance classes would be so cute! Music is such a big part of my life, even if I only listen to it, both Brock and I have a deep appreciation for great music. I'm sure that we will make sure it's a big part of our baby's life too. I can remember when I was younger dancing around our apartment with my mom to the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. I still love the Beegees to this day.

Good music is a such a motivator to get moving. Dancing is one of my favourite things to do. I'm excited that the baby can now hear things going on which means I'll be playing a lot more music in the house. I can't wait until I can feel him/her kicking so I know what sounds they like the most. This experience is really something to treasure. At times I don't realize how much my life is going to change and then I think about the bigger picture- having a huge belly, going through labour, having a newborn at home all to myself- it's going to be a lot. Once we start buying stuff to prepare I think it will start to feel even more real, though yesterday I got to hear the heartbeat which was so awesome. It's good to know the baby is healthy. I can't wait until the adventure really begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment