Monday, January 25, 2010

A fresh outlook!

Here I am, it's another Monday and I feel inspired and confident in my new (and familiar) vegetarian lifestyle.

Since Tuesday, I have not had any meat in my system. Technically I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian because I contain eggs and dairy in my diet. I only drink soy milk though. I'm considering keeping fish in my diet as well (pescatarian), though I'm not sure how often that would be. Aside from the specifics, I feel great about making this decision. I really believe that people don't need to eat meat to stay healthy. There are so many benefits to cutting it out of your diet.

Since Friday, I've been eating really consciously. Here's an example of what I ate for the last three days:

Friday January 22
Breakfast 8AM: one bowl Special K Satisfaction cereal w/ soy milk, OJ
Lunch 12PM: Egg scramble whole wheat wrap with salsa. Small fruit smoothie (Booster Juice)
Supper 7:30PM: Ceasar salad, one piece garlic toast, 2 cups black tea.
Others: 3 bud light lime, 1 cup southern comfort, 2 glasses red wine

Saturday January 23
Lunch: whole grain blueberry muffin, large earl grey tea double double (Tim Hortons)
Supper: Shrimp and Asparagus pasta, salad, potatoes, mixed veggies, white wine
Snacks: 2 pieces cornbread, 1 apple, cheese and triscuits, olives, shrimp, pickles.
Exercise: 40 minutes brisk walking (in the snow).

Sunday January 24
Breakfast 10AM: whole wheat egg and veggie wrap with cheese, grapefruit, oranges, OJ, one cup black coffee with tsp of sugar
Lunch 1:35PM: canned salmon on whole wheat, apple, carrots, juice box.
Supper 5:30PM: Chickpea stirfry with mixed salad, sugar free vanilla soy latte.
Snacks: one ferrerro rocher, 1 piece dark chocolate, 10g.

I feel like this pattern of eating healthy is sticking. I just need to hit the gym!

Au Revoir!

1 comment:

  1. Heads up -- beer adds weight Ren, but other than that, good job :)
    You're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete